Originally this meme is from Strawberry Singh’s blog, but I totally forget it and found it today from NWN Iris Ophelia.
My RL blogging background is loooong. I have blogged since 1999, officially 2002 because back to 90’s there was no terms “blog” or “blogging”, only homepages and web diaries. I had homepage with newest posts on the top of the page, so it was sort of blog. I have had over 10 RL blogs and I still regularly teach others to blog IRL. But as a Second Life blogger and blogging in english I am newbie.
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started my SL blog Minh’s mixed reality January or February 2013. First I was at Tumblr, but WP is my real home, so here I am.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to write about Second Life in Finnish, because there are not much SL information in my own language. I soon realized that if I want more than 3 readers LOL, I have to write in english. I want to share my SL life and keep diary for myself. My blog is the home base of my virtual life and other social media things – Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr, FB – complements it.
3. How many times a week do you post an entry?
I try to post at least few times a week but RL cuts off my SL time, so it varies.
4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
About 80 SL blogs and hundreds of RL blogs!
5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?
Just basic WP stats at the moment.
7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?
8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
Maybe not yet?
9. Do you blog under your real name?
My true name is no secret but I don’t yell it on front page.
10. Are there topics that you would never blog about?
Yes, maybe my experimental time as a SL stripper 😀 Actually I did it years ago with an other av and only 1-2 months occasionally. I wanted to explore all SL areas and sexbiz was one of them. I could blog about it, but without any pics because I am never going to try that kind of career/job again 😀
11. What is the theme/topic of your blog?
Mixed reality. My SL and RL really are complicated and fun mix. Later on I try to make this topic more visible, right now I think I just write short notes with pics. I do love shopping and SL fashion, but I simply can not see myself as a pure fashion/lifestyle blogger.
12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
No other SL blog but several RL blogs in Finnish.
13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
Blogging makes me take more pictures. I have been very lazy snapshotter over my SL-years which I deeply regret.
14. So, why do you continue to blog?
Blogging in english is a challenge for me. I am so much out of my comfort zone because IRL I am a professional writer/author and I simply can not express myself in english as fresh I would like to. But I do not care! I just blog blog blog because my love for SL life is much more greater than my professional pride. I want to keep my text easy to write and focus more the whole content.